Please enter a password
- Why should I use MPG?
- How is MPG different to other price comparison sites?
- How do I search for a price on a particular product on the website?
- Why are the specific product names not on the drop down list?
- Why do you need my email address?
- Why do you need my mobile number?
- Why do you need my location?
- How do I change my location?
- How do I login to My Price Guru website?
- How do I see the responses to the enquiries that I have made?
- Why did I get no responses to my enquiries?
- Why did I not receive an email notification?
- My email notification link does not work?
- Where do the responses to my enquiries come from?
- Why do I receive a response from a vendor who is not situated in my area?
- Can I create an MPG account without searching for a price on a product?
- How many searches can I do?
- Does a retailer/vendor receive my contact details?
- Can I search for a price on a product without creating an account?
- Why don't I get an immediate response?
- Why does my password not work?
- What does the validity period mean?
- How do I search for tyres if I do not know the tyre size?
- Why does the website automatically log me out?
- How do I contact MPG?
1. Why should I use MPG?
- MPG will save you time by you not having to search around looking for a particular product or service.
- MPG will save you money as you will receive multiple offers from competing retailers on the exact product or service you require.
- MPG is a Private and Secure environment operating within strict, personal parameters set by you.
- MPG is a free service developed to operate seamlessly across multiple digital platforms including an internet site, a mobi site, an Apple and Android app, as well as other mobile devices.
- Whether you are searching for Electronic to Household Goods, from Tyres to Motor Vehicles, from Accommodation to a Massage, MPG takes the search out of searching! Now simply broadcast your interest and watch the market come to you!
- So, what are you going to "mpg" next?
2. How is MPG different to other price comparison sites?
- MPG leap frogs traditional price comparison sites as we do not merely direct traffic to other web sites.
- With MPG we inform retailers of your interest and afford them the opportunity to engage with you on a more personal level.
- The offers you receive are not only from online retailers but from stores that you would find down the road from you, well-known companies with recognised brands.
3. How do I search for a price on a particular product on the website?
- Use the green search panel on the left hand side of the home page on the MPG website.
- Click on "I need..." to display a list from which you can select your business sector that your search pertains to.
- Click on that business sector.
- Further refine your request by clicking on the type of product available on the other drop down lists.
- Select "contact me within" by clicking on the period that best suits you. See: What does the validity period mean.
- The white box at the bottom that says "detail of your request" requires you to type in further information regarding the product you are looking for. Be as specific as possible, please note the black text above the box for a guideline. Then click on the black button at the bottom, "get me the best offer >".
- If you are new to MPG and have not used our service before you will need to complete the "I'm new to MPG" form on the next page.
- If you have used MPG before you can now just enter your mobile number and the password you created. Then click on the relevant green button to complete your search.
4. Why are the specific product names not on the drop down list?
- MPG covers a wide range of business sectors whose specific products change on a daily basis, making it impossible to keep the list up to date on a regular basis.
- For this reason MPG has added a text box at the bottom of the green search panel for you to type specific product information into.
- NB! Please provide the maximum amount of product detail, (i.e. You can specify the exact make, model, size etc. of what it is you need) to ensure relevant and accurate responses from retailers.
5. Why do you need my email address?
- Each time a vendor responds to one of your requests, you need to be alerted that you have received a new offer.
- We notify you of this via email.
6. Why do you need my mobile number?
- Your mobile number is unique to you and we use it to identify you on the MPG service.
- Your number is safe with us and will not be shared with any 3rd parties.
7. Why do you need my location?
- This is a very important part of the MPG service. When you join MPG you provide us with information of where you are so that our system can locate the offers that are most relevant to you.
- We need your approximate location to provide you with relevant and accurate information regarding your request.
- In order to receive offers further away from your current location you can expand the parameters of your search by using the drop down lists provided in the green MPG search box.
- If you change locations, for whatever reason, we need to be made aware of this in order to keep sending you offers that are accurate and relevant to you.
- To change your location See: How do I change my location?
8. How do I change my location?
- First you need to login to the MPG system. See: How do I login to My Price Guru website?
- On the top right hand side on the menu toolbar, you will see a green "change my location" button. Click on it.
- You will be directed to a new screen that displays your current location, underneath your current location click on the, "Change your location" button.
- On the final screen select your new location, by using the drop down menus and then click on the green "update your location" button.
- We now know your new location and can send you accurate and relevant offers.
9. How do I login to My Price Guru website?
- On the MPG home page, type in your mobile number and password in the white boxes provided on the top right hand side of the website and click on LOGIN >
- If you have any difficulty with this see: Why does my password not work?
10. How do I see the responses to the enquiries that I have made?
- Once you have made an enquiry by completing a search, your enquiry gets sent to our reputable retailers so they can personally respond to you.
- An email notification is sent to your email inbox informing you that a retailer has responded and that you need to go back to our website to see your offer.
- You will need to login by typing in your mobile number and password in the white boxes provided on the top right hand side of the website and click on LOGIN >
- You will see a red number on the word NEW OFFERS of the amount of responses you have received.
- Under the YOUR REQUESTS heading you will see your initial search. Click on this request to drop down your offers that you have received.
- Clicking on any of the messages will open a window to view the retailer’s response.
- You can reply to the retailer, by clicking on the green reply button and typing in your response.
- If you would like the retailer to contact you directly then click on the reply and invite the vendor to contact you directly this will provide them with your email address and mobile number. NB the retailer will only receive your contact details if requested by you by clicking on this button.
- For more information see: Does the retailer/vendor receive my contact details?
11. Why did I get no responses to my enquiries?
- NB! You need to be logged into the MPG website in order to view your offers from the retailers. See: How do I login to My Price Guru website?
- Have you receive a notification sent to your email account? If not please check your SPAM or JUNK email folder to see if the mail sent by MPG is there, if it is there please add the MPG email to your contacts. This will open the channel of communication with MPG.
- If you have received the email notification, please click on the link to our website which can be found within the email. When you click on that link it will open the www.mypriceguru.co.za website and you need to LOGIN to our website by using your mobile number and your password. For further assistance see: How do I see the responses to my enquiries that I have made?
- If you did not get an email notification and you have checked your SPAM and JUNK email folders. Then login to the MPG website manually by clicking on the MPG Home page.
- If there are no new offers after logging into My Price Guru Inbox. There may be a possibility that there are no registered MPG retailers selling the specific product you require in your area at this time.
- Another reason could be your validity period might have been too short. Please see: What does the validity period mean?
12. Why did I not receive an email notification?
- Please checked your SPAM or JUNK email folder? If it is there please add the MPG email to your contacts.
- Your email program could have high security settings and you would therefore not receive any email notifications from MPG. You will need to LOGIN to the MPG website manually from time to time to view your latest offers.
13. My email notification link does not work?
- If the link to our website in your email notification doesn’t work, please copy and paste the link into your browser (i.e. Internet Explorer) and press ENTER. This will take you to our website in order to login to see the retailer’s response to your query.
14. Where do the responses to my enquiries come from?
- We have registered reputable retailers across the country that receive your request via email and personally respond to every one of your queries with their best available offer.
- MPG is not a supplier of products and we merely act as a communications platform between you and potential suppliers.
- Our registered reputable retailers are both online and traditional retailers in your area.
15. Why do I receive a response from a vendor who is not situated in my area?
- While you are logged into the MPG website, on the MPG green Search panel, you have the option to select to receive offers from MY REGION, MY PROVINCE or, WHOLE COUNTRY. If you select an area wider to the area you selected while registering on MPG, you will receive responses from vendors who are not situated in your area.
- Retailers often have FREE courier services when purchasing an item from their store, therefore they are setup to receive queries from your area.
16. Can I create an MPG account without searching for a price on a product?
- Yes you can. Simply click on the black LOGIN button found at the top of the menu bar without filling in a mobile number and password.
- A new page will open with two options: I already have an MPG account and I am NEW to MPG. Fill in your details under, I am NEW to MPG then click on the NEXT button.
17. How many searches can I do?
- You can perform as many searches as you like. Remember that these are free but please keep in mind that for every search you create, a new email is sent to a retailer to answer you.
- Only create a search if you have an interest in a particular product or service.
18. Does a retailer/vendor receive my contact details?
- The retailer will never receive your contact details when you create your first search on a particular product or service. You can communicate with the retailer by simply clicking on the REPLY button ensuring that further communication only takes place on the MPG platform.
- You have the option to send the retailer your contact details if you so require by clicking on the reply and invite the vendor to contact you directly button this will provide them with your email address and mobile number.
19. Can I search for a price on a product without creating an account?
- No, you need to give us an email address with your mobile number in order for us to send you a notification that a retailer has responded to your query and to email you the comparative prices the retailers have given you.
- Without this information it would be impossible to send you offers.
20. Why don't I get an immediate response?
- This is what makes MPG a new concept in Search Technology.
- MPG is NOT like standard price comparison sites that just re-direct your enquiry to other websites that sell the product you are looking for or just quote you standard prices offered for products found on these websites.
- With MPG, each and every request you make is sent directly to potential retailers and service providers in your area who are then made aware that you are interested purchasing a product that they sell.MPG includes all types of retailers and service providers, not just those that have an on-line presence, so you can have the best chance of getting great competing offers.
- They do require some time in order to personalize the offer they would like to make to you as this may not just be their standard ,business as usual, offer made to the normal walk in customer. They are aware that other potential suppliers have been informed of your interest too and may wish to discount or incentivize you in some way in order to do business with you.
21. Why does my password not work?
- Please ensure your mobile number is correct with no spaces
- Your password is CAP Lock sensitive and is NOT your email address.
- If you still cannot login, click on the I have lost my password button and inform us and we will send you a computer generated password.
- This computer generated password can be changed by logging into MPG with that new given password. Once logged in you can personalise your password by clicking on the "My Settings" button and then click on "Login Credentials".
- Update this form by entering your new password and click on the Change Password button.
22. What does the validity period mean?
- This is the amount of time you specify for a retailer to get back to you within.
- To avoid spam and unnecessary contact from the retailers we expire your request (delete it) if it hasn’t been responded to within the specified time frame.
- The reason for this is that if you needed a reply within one day as you needed the specific product immediately and retailers couldn’t respond in time to be of assistance to you. Then they will not be able to communicate with you through MPG beyond this stipulated period.
- NB! Try to make this period as long as possible. This will provide retailers the maximum amount of time within which to send you offers. This will ensure that you will receive as many offers as possible to compare and choose from.
23. How do I search for tyres if I do not know the tyre size?
- On the green MPG Search Panel, when you select the tyre category, it will update to show a small picture of the tyre size guide. Click on the See the Tyre Size Guide button to enlarge the image.
- When you look at the tyres presently on your car you will see these 3 numbers imprinted on the side of your tyre. Capture these 3 numbers on the MPG Search Panel under the tyre width, profile and wheel size and complete your search by providing as much information into the last text box such as the make, model and the year of your car.
- If you do not have these 3 numbers at hand, leave the tyre width, profile and wheel size drop down lists empty.
- If the boxes are left empty, it is essential that you provide as much information as possible in the text box at the bottom of the search panel so that the retailers can send you relevant offers. You will need to state the model car you drive, the make and the year, along with any further requests like the brand tyre you are looking for.
24. Why does the website automatically log me out?
- This works similar to internet banking. If you are logged into your account and remain inactive for a certain period of time, for your security, the website automatically logs you out of your account.
- If you have opted for your browser (i.e. Internet Explorer) to remember your username and password you can simply login without re-typing your details.
25. How do I contact MPG?
- Please click on the contact us link at the bottom of the MPG website. Feel free to call us or drop us an email.